Freitag, 19. Juli 2013

The Provence is everywhere!?


Lavandula / lavender is native to the Old World and is found from Cape Verde and the Canary Islands, southern Europe across to northern and eastern Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to southeast India.


One of the most famous and popular regions for cultivating lavender and having huge fields of lavender is the Provence, a landscape in the southeast of France.
Digne-les-Bains, a town in the department Alpes-de-Haute-Provence,
has been noted for being a primary center of the lavender trade.


The lavender species I took several photos from last weekend is one  of the species you can find throughout the Provence - among others.

But of course I didn't take my photos there, I captured the scene in the spa gardens of my hometown Bad Mergentheim.


Digne-les-Bains is one of the three twin towns of Bad Mergentheim, the other two are Borgomanero in the north of Italy and Fuefuki-shi in Japan.


So the (little) field of lavender in Bad Mergentheim's spa gardens is a gift from our friends at Digne-les-Bains.

Whereas the two Japanese cherry trees two hundert meters away from the lavender was a gift from our friends from Fuefuki-shi. (--> Sakura, cherry blossom).


Although Germany is not known for fields of lavender, you can see that this beautiful little flower feels comfortable in our region, too.





Have a great summertime whereever you live, dear blog friends from all over the world!
I'm going to take a short summer break to collect new impressions & ideas (hopefully)!

Take care on you and your loved ones!

Uwe.
 

15 Kommentare:

  1. Hallo lieber Uwe!!!
    Have a great rest and take as many photos as you can :)
    This German lavender field is wonderful! Great pictures! Too bad pictures cant capture the fresh smell of lavender...
    Cheers
    Márcia

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, Uwe, enjoy your vacation and hurry back before we miss you! ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. These are quite lovely and I can only imagine how overwhelmingly tranquil a field of lavender could be - I get carried away with just a bouquet of them. Have a nice break.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Anonym19/7/13

    Fantastisch, lieber Uwe,
    ein Lavendel-Meer! Großartige Fotos, außergewöhnliche Präsentationen!
    Liebe Grüße
    moni


    Thanks for visit my blog
    http://www.reflexionblog.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Lovely shots and colors! <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I would kill (well, not really) to see a field like this. So jealous! I love them all!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Geniale Fotos! Wunderschön! Ich würde mich am liebsten in das Feld reinsetzen ;)
    Erhol dich gut!
    LG Mary

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Beautiful! I bet the fragrance is heavenly.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. This Lavender Galaxy took my breath away, uwe! Have a nice break and come back with lots of inspiration.

    Yoko

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Thanks a lot blog friends from all over the world! I already captured so many new impressions from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday evening during a business trip (of course with tourist programme on Sunday and in the evening) at Italy and Switzerland together with five Indian colleagues, that I could give up my vacation plans for the next time and start editing new posts until (nearly) the end of year. ;-))
    E.g: Today I found accidentally beautiful native orchids (again!) in an height of 2000m above sealevel when passing San Bernadetto saddle (Swiss Alpes) in the afternoon.
    One hour later we sat in an Tibetan fast food restaurand in the old town of Chur. The evening came to its end standing in a traffic jaw in midtown Ravensburg (now back in Germany) and watching a fireworks...
    These were some of yesterday's highlights and the adventure trip has not finished yet...;-))
    Enjoy your summer - and stay tuned!
    Uwe

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Oh I love lavender! Even if I weren't already missing Germany, this would make me want to pack up and go back right now. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Really fantastic, ywb!! Lavender has been cultivated in Japan since 1937 so we don't have a long history of the plant.
    Have a lovely break and enjoy your summer to the fullest!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Beautiful purple's wave! Especially my favorite is tha last blue one.
    Enjoy break and summer!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Anonym26/8/13

    Hello Uwe!
    These are amazing pictures! I didn't know about this place, and it is so close to my husband's hometown. Got to go next year to see it with my own eyes!

    Grüße aus Tübingen!
    Ana

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Da sieht man mal wieder das das Paradies ueberall zu finden ist-sogar in Bad Mergentheim! Tolle Bilder, man kann den Lavender foermlich riechen.

    AntwortenLöschen