Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008

aspects of Stockholm - part II

This was my squad of body guards who accompanied me on my photo excursion through Stockholm. Unfortunately they weren't always that patient with me as it looks like on this photo.
Honestly I must say it's not always easy for somebody else to go along with me while I want to take photos of every new detail coming in my field of vision.

Here my squad was already 200 metres ahead of me while I snapped the fifth version of that scene.

Undesired approach.

Stockholm is surrounded by water and a plenty of happy aquatics live in there.


Stomatol is a brand of toothpaste first sold in Sweden at the beginning of the 20th century. It was particularly notable as having been one of the first Swedish brands to recognize and to use the power of mass media.

It is particularly known for the large advertisement sign which has been a prominent local landmark at Slussen in Stockholm since 1909. The Stomatol sign, made from lightbulbs, not neon tubes, was the first animated advertisement sign in Sweden (one can see the toothpaste being squeezed out of the tube). It was originally placed on the Katarinahissen elevator, but was moved in 1933 to the roof of the nearby building at Klevgränd 1 B. Technical problems have forced the electricity to be shut down between 1963 and 1972 and from 1981 until 1986.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Now that report from our city certainly has some teeth! :)

    AntwortenLöschen