Montag, 25. Juni 2012

Rosenblütenfest Creglingen

 

rose bloom festival at Creglingen

 


The town of Creglingen, situated in the lovely valley of the Tauber between Bad Mergentheim and Rothenburg, in the north of the German state Baden-Württemberg, celebrated its 7th rose bloom festival recent weekend.


You were able to find and take pictures of hunderts of different roses in the rose gardens as well as at the stalls of the market gardens.


I restricted myself to post just some of the rose blooms I took yesterday, otherwise you'll have to look at too much photos today... ;-)




Anna, the official Rosenkönigin / Queen of Roses 2012
as beautifully and fragrantly as the flowers she represents. 



Besides all the roses the rose bloom festival offered several other products made from the rosehip or the rose petals.


See you next year on the 8th rose bloom festival at Creglingen!?


5 Kommentare:

  1. In my part of the world, roses are the most beautiful in the middle of May. Maybe your place is cooler than mine? The first climbing pink roses are gorgeous and I like your selection in each photo. I think I have the same or the similar variety with the last roses in my garden. The Rose Queen is so radiant, graceful, and beautiful worthy of the name. Have pleasant and sweet days ahead, Uwe, like roses.

    Yoko

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Nara is much more in the south, dear Yoko, at latitude 34° 41′ 6.65″ N.
    Creglingen is at latitude 49° 28′ 0″ N - compared to Nara short prior the North Pole... ;-)

    Compared with Creglingen's location in Central Europe "Nara" is in the middle of Tunesia, Northern Africa, so more than 1600 km south of Creglingen.

    No wonder that your roses start flourishing much, much earlier than ours... ;-)

    But most of the beautiful roses were already overblown, so most of them past their time already.

    Thanks a lot for your comment!

    Uwe.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hello.

    No, I haven't seen your Swedish customers...
    Tell me.

    Beautiful roses.
    An inspiring week to you too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Really beautiful! Roses are finished blooming here. I expect they'll bloom in autumn again. I love rose petal jelly. Doesn't it have a great flavor that reflects the magical aroma of roses? I like to eat it with icecream.

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog the other day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. The Queen of the flowers! I guess your sentiment for roses is similar to our sentiment for Sakura, cherry flowers. From your photos I smell graceful fragrance.
    " A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
    Have a great week.
    keiko

    AntwortenLöschen