Montag, 19. März 2012

Greedy for spring!


Now that sunshine, a mostly blue sky and moderate temperatures finally have arrived in our part of planet Earth after the long and monotonous winter, I was looking eagerly for the first harbingers of spring in my familiar surroundings.


What I did not expect was to find a "fellow traveller": a brimstone butterfly.


It was as greedy for the first crocus blossoms as me.


But fortunately there were more than enough crocuses for us two on the spa gardens meadow of our choice.

While I tried to pick out only the most beautiful crocus blossoms with my camera lens, the brimstone butterfly seemed to be less choosy.



...cleared for takeoff!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh I love crocus! It's so exciting about bulb flowers. I usually have them inside, but they bloom only a couple of days, unfortunately ...

    Beautiful and inspiring photographs :)
    Best regards Sønnøve

    AntwortenLöschen