Sonntag, 26. Februar 2012

Weekend jungle



Calliandra haematocephala - powder puff tree blossom

***   ***   ***   ***   ***

Like every year at this season I'm totally fed up with German wintertime and its various collection of grey shades in nature.

It's still a bit too early for the early flowering plants and trees - except some lonely snowdrops every now and then.
I've been looking for something more colourful to light up my heart and soul.

So my way took me to the greenhouse of the botanic garden of Würzburg university.


No idea at all what kind of plant with the fragile blossom / inflorescence I captured here.
I just remember I took the photo in the greenhouse area for the temperate rainforest plants.



Bletilla striata orchid - distributed through China, Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam - in my humble opinion much more beautiful than the Phalaenopsis orchid schlock you can buy at a DIY market or garden center.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen